Thursday, November 17, 2005

Recap #2: Blogging in the Classroom

Although I feel as if I've only scratched the surface, the semester is ending and I have to start finding a way to wrap things up. I've re-read my earlier posts and a few issues stick out over and over again. I'll be posting on them for the next couple of days. Please read on...

2. Blogs - I am completly convinced that blogs can be used in a variety of ways in the classroom and get great results. There is a huge amount of information out there about blogs in the classroom, and finding out about blogging and blogs has easily been the most positive and exciting of what I've found this sem. I can truly see lots of possibilities for classroom use before and during college. However, like anything else that produces results in the classroom, it seems that the best results come with extra loads on the instructor.

After my last post, I have to add that this is one of the most inexpensive technologies to use as well. Services like Blogger that provide free blog space (I have only positive things to say about Blogger), allow teachers to use their tiny classroom budgets elsewhere. Of course, participation depends on students having access not only to a computer, but to the internet...which goes back to what I was saying about tech. and money. But, in the college atmosphere where most universities provide computer labs, blogs could still be a great choice.

Given more time with this blog and subject, I would like to play with some of the other options I've seen on other blogs - but I'll talk more about that later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter